We're looking for a Head of Operations to help us scale our first-to-market, venture backed SaaS company that's reshaping how the most innovative companies in the world think about contracts as part of a modern customer experience. Ready to bring the next DoorDash, Wayfair, or CDW to the world of clickwrap agreement automation? Come join our team at PactSafe as Operations Manager!
PactSafe was founded in 2013 to give our customers and their customers precious time back into their lives. We brought the first ever clickwrap agreement platform to market a couple years later, and have since become the market leader in powering online legal agreements that allow companies to revolutionize buying experiences for customers. With ambitious goals in 2021 and beyond, we're looking to bring on top talent to contribute to our exponential growth that has been resilient through the difficult economic conditions brought on by COVID-19 throughout 2020.
It's true what they say: work hard, play hard. That's something that we believe wholeheartedly here at PactSafe. We have fun. We have a laid back culture but push one another to continue to learn and grow in a collaborative space, whether in person in our Indianapolis, IN HQ or in our new remote world. We're looking for people that own their individual progress & love a blank canvas as much or more than regimented process. People who aren’t scared to take challenges head-on. We focus our business on learning while operating as efficiently as possible. If this all sounds exciting, we'd love to have you join our team.
About the Role
This role will focus on defining and improving key business processes that will enable us to run an efficient and effective business. The right person for this role thrives on creatively solving hard problems, digging into data to find opportunities for improvement, and delivering business results. This role is for you if you love hard operational challenges — you should be highly self-motivated, a strong team player, and eager to tackle whatever challenges come your way. You will work closely with the CEO, setting PactSafe up for successful growth and scaling.
What You'll be Doing
- Develop and optimize key processes related to our business operations
- Build and organize business strategies, plans and procedures
- Define, track, and broadcast key metrics that will inform our team's strategy
- Identify operational opportunities and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver impact
- Build and maintain an operational framework and related core processes that allows the business to run smoothly and scale, ranging from HR to office and infrastructure.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine prioritize, and communicate business needs to ensure that the assigned team fully understands the project scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Own and monitor cross-functional projects by identifying project milestones, tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, holding stakeholders accountable, and recommending actions.
- Apply best practices and technology to manage and lead cross-functional strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system.
- Implementing recruitment, development, appraisal, compensation and retention schemes, and generally ensuring the team functions effectively and productively.
- Ensuring both local and remote teams have adequate facilities, equipment and software.
- Demonstrate problem solving and analysis skills, combined with excellent business judgment and communication skills.
- Analyze, collate, and report on key business metrics to the business on a regular cadence.
Who You Are
- Self-starter: You thrive in a start-up because you find the most valuable ways to add value without being asked
- Ownership mentality: You take projects from inception to completion with little guidance
- You're excited to dive into technical problems, and no task is beneath you
- Creative problem-solver: You come up with innovative ways to solve challenging problems
- Analytical: You leverage data and modeling to make decisions
- Collaborative team player: You're willing to take on any task, no matter how great or small
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Familiarity with the recruiting lifecycle and development of an effective recruiting engine / process.
Your Background and Skills
- 5+ years working in consulting, strategy and planning, business operations
- Demonstrated experience in scaling complex, fast-moving organizations
- Experience creating, optimizing and scaling day-to-day business processes
- Startup experience or experience working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience building a new function, including hiring and managing a team
- Excellent knowledge of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Good experience with data analysis and performance/operation metrics